Established in 1971, the IAOPCC is a professional, non-profit organization. It was formed to set the standards for pet after-care, for the benefit and protection of the public and member cemeteries.
Members pledge, and are required to uphold the highest standards of integrity and moral business practice, always striving to raise the level of the profession. Members must adhere to published “Standards of Practice” and “Code of Ethics”. Members must comply with all federal, state and local laws.
Members are required to be truthful when representing services offered to the public, refraining from deceptive practices, and to be ever mindful of the duty our profession bears to the public. A member of the IAOPCC agrees to perform their services with sensitivity, compassion and professional integrity.
The IAOPCC membership’s concern for the reputation of our facilities, and our industry has caused us to work together for the good of all.
When a pet owner needs pet after-care services, they should know that by calling the IAPC office, they would be referred to a reputable member who can be trusted with confidence.
Hamilton Pet Meadow is a member of the IAOPCC. We regularly attend continuing education and training courses, provided by the IAPC, so that we can properly and professionally operate our business. We are proud of our pledge to our clients, and we invite inspection of our facility and procedures at any time.
Code of Ethics
- We, as a member of the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PET CEMETERIES, engaged in the business of owning, operating and developing pet cemeteries and other activities incident thereto, and mindful of the duty which our industry bears to the public, and for the purpose of proclaiming our ideals for the benefit and protection of the public, our employees, ourselves and our Association, so hereby accept the following Code of Ethics of the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PET CEMETERIES.
- We believe that in all of our business dealings the following to be fair and equitable principles and practices and we subscribe thereto:
- We pledge to uphold the highest standard, always striving to raise the level of the profession.
- We will perform all services in a dignified manner showing the compassion, sympathetic understanding, and genuine concern required.
- We will respect the confidence of every family served.
- We will provide adequate cemetery facilities, maintain them to the best of our ability, keeping in mind our cemetery reflects all pet cemeteries.
- We will not pay any commission, remuneration or gratuity to other than such member’s regular employees or regular salesmen, engaged for that purpose, in the sale of cemetery lots, crypts or niche spaces, interment rights, cremations, memorials or any other cemetery property or services (hereinafter referred to as “cemetery property and services”).
- In the event we would have or make an independent contract with any agency to sell our cemetery property and services, such independent agency will be provided with copies of this Code of Ethics and require that such agencies, their officers, directors, employees and salesmen in every respect must conform to this Code.
- We will not use any method of advertising, sales presentation or persuasion, which conceals, evades, or mis-states a material fact.
- We will comply with all federal, state and local laws.
- We will maintain our own individual price policy.
- We will maintain adequate burial and financial records.
Article III – Sanctions
Any member violating any prohibitory section of the Code of Ethics and Standards, or who may be found guilty of any other unethical practice, shall be subject to disciplinary action by the Association in accordance with Article IV – Procedures for Ethic Violations.
The Staff of Hamilton Pet Meadow.
Pet Rescue of Mercer
AFEW (Animal Friends for Education and Welfare)